The mission of The Summit is to provide students with an empowering education in a supportive, stimulating environment. This is achieved through small class sizes, a strong foreign language program, progressive education principles, and a challenging differentiated curriculum. Summit students are prepared to succeed in college and beyond.
We believe the following qualities are important for success in college and in life. These qualities are developed over the long term.
- Intellectual Curiosity: Developing a passion for lifelong learning, joy of learning, asking why, pursuing passions, finding connections, and embracing diversity in all of its forms
- Critical Thinking: Challenging assumptions and orthodoxies, creative problem solving, tackling open ended problems and taking on the unknown
- Growth Mindset: Recognizing successes and failures as an outcome of effort rather than a reflection of a person’s immutable self
- Independence: Being self-reliant, responsible, self-aware, self-disciplined, and on the path to self discovery
- Connected: Able to succeed as a member of a team and a community, demonstrating leadership and stewardship, being of service to those in need, and tackling social responsibility