Branson, Missouri | http://www.skaggsfoundation.org
Through the generosity of our community, Skaggs Foundation invests in the health and wellness of Stone and Taney counties, helping thousands of individuals live happier, healthier lives.
Skaggs Foundation provides student scholarships, impacts thousands of lives annually through our community grant-making program Skaggs Legacy Endowment, supports the Branson hospital in capital improvement projects and funds patient programs. Our newest patient program is Bridging the Gap Veterans Fund.
Bridging the Gap Veterans Fund is exactly that – it is bridging the gap for veterans for things they need to get and stay healthy. These are items that their veteran's benefits might not cover or items they simply cannot afford.
Making an impact
Skaggs Foundation is a resource for our community, our hospital and our health. Through the generosity of people like you, last year Skaggs Foundation:
- Provided 2,604 meals to Cancer Center patients
- Awarded 44 scholarships to students pursuing or advancing a healthcare career
- Distributed more than 11,000 reusable water bottles to students
- Provided funding to help offset the cost of hotel stays for patient families from out-of-town
- Funded fuel cards for cancer patients to access vital care
Through Skaggs Legacy Endowment 2019-2020 grants, we funded:
- 2,099 cardiac and pulmonary rehab sessions
- Personal care items for more than 2,400 families
- 141 new books on health and wellness
- 193 rides to medical appointments
- A new CT Simulator for CoxHeath Cancer Center Branson
- 1,059 mental health services for students
- 46 counseling sessions for seniors
- And much more.
A history of generosity
Skaggs Foundation was established in 2002 as a primary funding source for Skaggs Regional Medical Center.
In 2013 when Skaggs hospital merged with CoxHealth, Skaggs Foundation Board of Directors chose to retain the Skaggs name, carrying on the legacy of philanthropy that started the area’s first hospital in 1950.
Today, through the generosity of our community, Skaggs Foundation continues to invest in the health and wellness of the people of Stone and Taney counties.
Visit SkaggsFoundation.org or call us at 417-348-8998.