Friends of the Garden is celebrating its 20th anniversary of bringing people, nature and gardens together with a $20,000 fundraiser. Your donation to FOG supports the continued maintenance and improvement of Springfield Botanical Gardens at Nathanael Greene/Close Memorial Park.
FOG is an nonprofit organization dedicated to the financial support and ongoing maintenance of Springfield Botanical Gardens. In the 20 years since the inception of FOG, Springfield Botanical Gardens has undergone a metamorphosis to become one of the premier attractions in our area. By donating, you can ensure 20 more years of positive change and growth.
Springfield Botanical Gardens is more than the land and the plants that make their homes there. It is a place where families find togetherness in the wonders of nature. It is where our community gathers to enjoy each other's company in awe-inspiring surroundings. It is a place that has a positive impact on the overall quality of life, health, environmental, social and economic aspects of our resident families and visitors alike. Especially now, this valuable resource provides our community with a much-needed respite through contact with nature and space to safely be together.
We invite you to be a part of making sure this invaluable resource continues its growth and is a place of comfort and inspiration for generations to come. Your donation will directly aid the beautification and upkeep of this unique and valuable resource to our community.
Springfield Botanical Gardens by the numbers
- 112 acres
- 40+ gardens/garden areas – two of them with national display status
- Mizumoto Japanese Stroll Garden, internationally recognized
- Gray/Campbell Farmstead featuring the oldest home in Springfield
- Roston Native Butterfly House
- Lake Drummond
- Master Gardener Demonstration Garden
- Peace Through People Pavilion & Amphitheater
- 3+ miles of walking trails
- Great Lawn
- Connection to Ozark Greenways’ South Creek Greenway
- Naturegrounds playground & Playcore play pods for children
- Botanical Center building with offices and meeting space – 2,500 square feet inside and 2,725 on the rooftop plaza
- 800,000 estimated annual visitors
- Top 5 Destination on TripAdvisor for Things to do in Springfield
Thank You for Giving!
The Friends of the Garden would like to thank you for your generous contribution to the 20 for 2020 campaign! By giving, you are ensuring our community has a place to connect with nature and find inspiration for generations to come. Every donation makes a direct impact, helping keep the Springfield Botanical Gardens at Nathanael Greene/Close Memorial Park a place for all to find calm and beauty along its walkways.
Because of the thoughtful contributions of yourself and others, we have reached 30% of our goal. Please help us keep the momentum going by sharing the campaign with your friends and on social media. The 20 for 2020 campaign runs until August 23rd and we want to spread the word about helping this great resource in Springfield. As a proven park promoter, you are one of our best voices!
We appreciate your joining with us to benefit one of the true treasures of our community - we are well on our way to making 20 for 2020 a reality thanks to you!