ENGAGE. SUPPORT. TRANSFORM.
Did you know that 40% of Springfield residents are living at or below the poverty line? Something is being done about it, but we need your help. It is the belief of the Drew Lewis Foundation that people have inherent worth and when given the tools, opportunities, and support to create happy and healthy lives, they will pursue them. Our mission is to build strong and sustainable communities by engaging families with services, resources, and opportunities. We provide support to empower families to lift themselves out of poverty and transform their lives.
Our core programs assist low-income families in becoming more resilient:
- Northwest Project - We help families overcome the challenges that have kept them living in poverty from central hubs in Springfield’s Zone 1.
- Healthy Homes Initiative - We help families access and maintain safe and healthy homes reducing overuse of emergency medical services and improving overall health.
- Blue House Project - We make home buying an affordable and viable option for low-income families through innovative loan options and financial advising and coaching.
- Project Rise - We are replicating the Northwest Project model in rural communities.
- Fairbanks AD - We work with Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association to resolve conflict and overcome legal impediments preventing economic security and stability.
- The Fairbanks - We are restoring the blighted 25,000 sqft. historic building into a multi-use community hub with a food market, library, laundromat, youth center, art studio, community garden, preschool and non-profit office spaces.
With your contibution we can reach our #CauseMomentum goal of raising $5000 to benefit kids and adults from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds and improve quality of life for residents. We collaborate with many organizations, churches, universities, and non-profit providers in the community to bring the best and most help to our neighbors.