Joplin's future home for the arts! Are you ready for a world-class visual and performing arts center that will transform the heart of Joplin? The Cornell Complex is no longer a dream for Joplin, but a reality for our community. It's happening... join us!
The Harry M. Cornell Arts & Entertainment Complex will consist of:
• A 450-seat multi-functional Connect2Culture Performance Hall with versatile seating, a raised stage, and exceptionally designed acoustics, sound, and lighting.
• A home for Connect2Culture.
• New and larger galleries for Spiva Center for the Arts in their new space on the second level along with two large classrooms.
• The Festival Plaza/Outdoor Amphitheater will accommodate 1,500 guests and includes a covered stage and canopy area.
• A stunning 2,200 square foot Rooftop Terrace Venue, perfect for intimate performances, weddings, and other gatherings.
• Community meeting and hospitality spaces available for private events, meetings, and community celebrations.
Currently, we have met our initial goal of $14 million! This has allowed us to secure the land for the project. Our ultimate goal for the complex is $16 million. Due to an anonymous donor, every donation received during this crowdfunding effort has a 1:1 match (i.e. $10 = $20, $50 = $100, etc.)!
Help us create a home for the arts in Joplin! For more details on the project, visit cornellcomplex.org.